Our EasyPro office chair is certified as an ergonomic chair. But what does that actually mean?
Manufacturers can claim that their office chairs provide good support, but they can’t officially label their chairs as ergonomic unless they meet certain criteria.
To achieve ergonomic certification, office chairs have to comply with specific ISO standards and be vetted by an independent ergonomic consultancy.
The EasyPro office chair from K-Mark
Our flagship chair, the EasyPro, is an award-winning office chair design that features fully adjustable, Italian-made armrests and adjustable lumbar support with a mesh backrest that allows better air flow – perfect for our warmer South African climate.
The EasyPro is a trusted favourite with some of our biggest corporate clients. Its sleek and stylish design ticks all the boxes when it comes to ergonomics, but it doesn’t come with a budget-killing price tag.
What is ergonomic certification?
Ergonomic certification simply means that a chair has been independently inspected by an ergonomic consultant. This confirms that the chair’s specifications meet the required ISO standards for ergonomic compliance.
A chair that has ergonomic certification ensures consumers that the chair they’re putting hard-earned money down for is genuine. Be wary of chair manufacturers that claim their chairs are ergonomic but don’t comply with the required criteria.
Some of the key features that can qualify an office chair for ergonomic certification:
- the seat height should be adjustable
- the seat should have quality foam with a waterfall front edge
- armrests should be height adjustable
- the chair should offer adjustable lumbar support
- the chair’s tilt tension should be adjustable
- the chair’s wheels or casters must be high quality
- the chair should swivel smoothly on its base
- five-pointed base for stability
- while not required, if there is a headrest, it should also be adjustable.
The K-Mark EasyPro office chair was inspected by Ergomax and is officially certified as ergonomically compliant according to ISO standards 9421-3 and 9421-5.
Other features of the K-Mark EasyPro
The EasyPro features a mechanism that automatically synchronises the angle of the backrest with the seat tilt. This provides better support for your back and spine while also making adjustments smoother and easier.
Each chair is manufactured to specifications, meaning it can be customised to suit your needs. You can choose either a black moulded or polished aluminium base; fixed, 1D height adjustable or 4D height adjustable armrests; and the best from hundreds of fabric choices.
Other features of the K-Mark EasyPro ergonomic office chair:
- imported European ergonomic mesh backrest with adjustable lumbar support
- height-adjustable armrests manufactured by leading Italian specialist, Donati
- Donati self-tensioning, fully synchronised mechanism
- gas height adjustment
- 5-star castor base for smooth, easy movement and swivelling.
At K-Mark, we manufacture an extensive range of high-quality low-back, mid-back and high-back office chairs – and our chairs are used by leading corporations across the country. Contact us for more information about our ergonomic office chair or to discuss your needs.